sabato 11 luglio 2015

lost for words



D.'s Compilation



"Lost for words" ** (di Pink Floyd)

I was spending my time in the doldrums
I was caught in a cauldron of hate
I felt persecuted and paralysed
I thought that everything else would just wait

While you are wasting your time on your enemies
Engulfed in a fever of spite
Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades
Like shadows into the night

To martyr yourself to caution
Is not going to help at all
Because there'll be no safety in numbers
When the Right One walks out of the door

Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a world of isolation
While the ivy grows over the door

So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go fuck myself
You know you just can't win

Pink Floyd  - Lost for words

Stavo trascorrendo il mio tempo in depressione
Ero catturato in un calderone d'odio
Mi sentivo perseguitato e paralizzato
Pensavo che tutto il resto potesse aspettare

Mentre sprechi il tuo tempo con i tuoi nemici
Ingolfato in un febbrile rancore
Oltre la tua visione angusta la realtà svanisce
Come ombre nella notte

Martoriarti nella cautela
Non ti aiuterà per niente
Perché non ci sarà salvezza nei numeri
Quando il Giusto se n'esce dalla porta

Non vedi i tuoi giorni rovinati dall'oscurità?
É vero che batti i pugni per terra?
Bloccato in un mondo di solitudine
Mentre l'edera cresce sulla soglia

Così apro la porta ai miei nemici
E gli chiedo "potremmo cancellare la lavagna?"
Ma mi dicono per favore di andare a farmi fottere
Sai che non puoi proprio vincere.

Pink Floyd  - Lost for words

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

home